Thursday, April 26, 2012

Spring Cleaning

My "Helper"
If you haven't already, it's time to go through your fishing gear to make sure everything is ok. Cut off all of last year's line, put everything back where it belongs and make sure your weight and hook supply is well stocked. I have a bad habit of throwing stuff where it's easiest to throw at the time instead of putting it in where it's supposed to go. It annoys me when I find spinners in my plastics and it annoys me more when I know there's a way to prevent it. If you need some "help" be sure to ask for it. My cat inspects my tackle bags to make sure everything is good inside.
There's another reason I'm sharing this photo. When my husband and I first started dating he bought me my own rod, reel and some lures. I told him my small 2-tray tackle box I used in college for my art supplies would be fine and I would never need to upgrade to anything bigger. Eight years later, I now have two large tackle bags that have to be loaded in a specific way to make sure everything fits. My husband likes to remind me of the comments I made eight years ago while I'm sorting and arranging. I can't even blame him for buying me all of those lures to make sure he proved me wrong! I chose a lot of those lures myself. (My process for choosing lures will come in later posts.)
Have fun cleaning and sorting!

No comments:

Post a Comment