Monday, April 23, 2012

Welcome To My Blog!

Fishing for catfish sometimes turns into catching turtles.
I decided to start my own outdoor themed blog after searching for one that was written more for women. I couldn't find one so I started thinking about starting my own and then decided to go for it. I want to share advice, recipes, stories and photos of my adventures. I enjoy fishing, atving, target shooting and want to help other girls with their outdoor adventures.
There are a lot of blogs and forums that focus on technique and the science of fishing. I enjoy some of the technical information, but sometimes focusing on the technical takes a little bit of the fun away. Sometimes I want to choose a lure only because it's a fun color or looks cool in the water, not because it's the right color for the color of the water, the amount of sunshine, the time of year and the temperature of the water. I want to help girls (of all ages and skill) make sure they have fun and try to outfish their husbands, boyfriends, brothers or any other guy.
I like to target shoot, but I don't like to hunt. I'm not anti-hunting, I love my hunter very much. I don't like getting cold, I don't like getting up extremely early and I'm convinced a mountain lion is going to eat me (even if it's in an area mountain lions don't live). I also get lost really easy and can't walk quietly no matter how hard I try. I love having the meat in my freezer or on my plate and if there are any women hunters that would like to guest blog about hunting, please let me know.
Recently my husband and I purchased some ATV's and I am now hooked. We used to rock crawl in my husband's Wagoner that he has modified. I was really good at taking pictures while he drove. We haven't taken the Wagoner (aka "The Big Jeep") out in years and I've missed the trails and seeing parts of the state not many people will ever get to see. This will be my first summer driving on the trails I used to be a passenger on and I'm a little nervous. I have a great coach and I'm getting more comfortable. I just need to figure out how I can drive and take photos at the same time.
I hope you enjoy my blog and if you have anything you would like to contribute or topics you would like to see, please email me.

1 comment:

  1. Great blog! I just found you through the Argosgirl Chronicles on Facebook. I'll definitely be back. And to prove it, I've added you to my blogroll.

    I look forward to more of your posts!

    ReplyDelete