Sunday, December 15, 2013

Our First Trip To Colorado Springs Bass Pro Shops

     We finally made it to the new Bass Pro Shops store in Colorado Springs last Sunday. As you can see, it was still pretty cold and snowy. The area around the store is still under development so it will be exciting to see who else comes into the area in the next few years. I was very excited to see that my new favorite sandwich shop is going to be opening a store. WOOHOO for Jimmy John's!
 
View From I-25
      I love the entrance sign. I was kind of disappointed that there wasn't a goodbye message or anything on the back for you to see when you leave.

Entrance to Parking Lot - windshield was a little dirty.

     We showed up a little before opening so the parking lot was pretty empty. We drove the truck up that day so right away we noticed that the parking lot was not designed for large vehicles. The other stores we've been to have areas that are a little tight but there are areas of the parking lot that you can park a large truck, motorhome or truck and trailer pretty easily. It could have been that the snow was covering up the lines and people weren't parked correctly so we'll have to re-review the parking when it's not covered in snow and ice.

Getting Closer!
     The new store has the amazing entrance that all of the other stores we've been to have. This store has a cute bridge and some fountains near the entrance. I can't wait to see the fountains when the weather is warmer and they aren't frozen.

We're Here!!!!
     I LOVE the entrances into every Bass Pro Shops I've been in. There is so much to look at and the Colorado Springs store did not disappoint us. I love how it looks like there's a real balcony up there.

Looking Up
     My most favorite part of the entrances are the fireplaces. We didn't get a very good picture of the fireplace because everybody else was trying to get pictures of the fireplace, too.

Nice Warm Fireplace
       Before you walk into the store, the buffalo have to size you up a little bit.
Above The Turn Styles
     One of the first things we HAVE to go look for in any Bass Pro Shops is the fish tank. Above the fish tank is a great display with some smaller waterfalls. (Sorry for the blurry photo. The camera wasn't liking the lighting that day and there were a lot of people trying to get the same photos we were.)

Above the Aquarium
     There were a lot of fish swimming around. My niece will be very excited to find out that there are 2 large Blue Catfish (she calls them whales). There were brown trout, rainbow trout, bass, wiper, walleye, blue gill and crappie.

The Aquarium!
     In the atv area, there was a great display up high. I think this is my favorite atv display ever!

ATV Area
     Our God son picked out what he wants for Christmas while we were in the atv section going into the Christmas Village.

Silly Boy
    We didn't take any pictures of the Christmas Village because there were so many people in the small area. We did get to go check out the bowling alley and restaurant. We are SO going to have a Girls In The Outdoors bowling party!! Maybe that is what we'll do for our 2nd Anniversary party! When you remember that all of the murals are hand painted, you will be even more amazed. The restaurant is located in the bowling alley and is everything we ordered was really good.
 
Ball Returns In The Fish Bowl Bowling Alley
   
     We were sitting in front of the aquarium while we were waiting for our buzzer thingy to go off for our turn in the restaurant and we were able to enjoy the architecture of  the building and look at all of the animal mounts.

Fish Support

Great Architecture
     All of the employees we spoke to were friendly and knew their departments well. It is a small store which makes it hard to get around when they are busy. We will make another trip after the newness wears off and the Christmas rush is over and be able to check out everything we missed during this trip.
     I have also decided on my new dream job during this post. I decided I want Bass Pro Shops to hire me to travel all over and tell them what I think of all of their stores. The would have to hire my husband, too so that he can drive me to all of the stores and help me with photos. I wonder where we can apply for that job?

No comments:

Post a Comment