This year when we took out the Christmas decorations, the Angel that has been on top of our tree for years had broken wings. I had that angel before I met my husband so I wasn't surprised they were broken. After searching for a new tree topper, we discovered we didn't want to pay that much money for something that we didn't like. So I decided, it can't be that hard to make a snowman tree topper. I was wrong. It took me all day and I'm pretty proud of him. It took 2 tries for his body and 3 tries for his arms. This year he is a fisherman, next year he might be a hunter.
Here is a close up of his hat. I've started experimenting with tying flies so I thought it would be really easy to make some flies for his hat. I didn't tie these flies on hooks, just some wire I have for jewelry making. Today I learned that tying flies on wire that moves if you pull on it too hard is really hard.
I had some leaf shaped buttons so I decided he needed them.
Here is the reel:
Here is the rod part: