Thursday, November 29, 2012

My Favorite Holiday

     Sorry about the long break! My brain went on vacation while we were getting ready for Thanksgiving and Christmas decorating. This winter I plan on doing some decorating themed posts and since I love Christmas decorations so much I decided to start with some outdoor themed Christmas decorations we have. These are only a few and I'll share some more of my favorite ornaments later.
 
 
     First, I will warn you that I LOVE Christmas. It is my favorite holiday. I love the smells, the lights, the decorations, the foods, the parties and getting together with my family. We have celebrated Christmas on Christmas Eve in my family since I was a baby. Now, everybody comes to my house Christmas Eve for the fun and we try to plan a lot of fun for one day. I get mad when people accuse me of liking Christmas because of the gifts. I like finding gifts for people, but if there were no gifts, I'd still love Christmas. We live on a dead end, very narrow street that not many people know about. At Christmas, you can see our house from over a mile away. From Thanksgiving until the beginning of January, our street gets a lot of night traffic with people coming to drive by our house because they saw it from the highway. We always know they are coming to look at our lights because they drive by really really slow, turn around and drive back really really slow. It's a lot of fun to watch for the people looking at Christmas lights.
      This year we added some of the blow up yard decorations. We have said for years we would never ever ever buy any blow up yard decorations because during the day, they are just a pile of fabric on the ground and if the wind blows just right, it moves them. On a shopping trip before Thanksgiving, we walked through the Christmas decoration/garden center of the store and saw the best blow up ever. The next 2 times we went to the store we laughed at the blow up every time and the 3rd time we bought it and then laughed that we said we'd never ever ever buy a blow up Christmas yard decoration and there it was in our basket. It's hilarious!!!
     Here is the first view of our new yard decoration:

 
     Here is the second view:

 
     Santa pops out!!! I still giggle when I see him pop out! Yes, during the day he's a pile of fabric in the yard and sometime the wind makes him not work quit right, but he's still a lot of fun.
     After Santa was set up, my husband and I decided we needed to go get the other camping themed blow up Christmas yard decoration so we added the tent, rain deer and campfire blow up to complete our campground themed yard. Aren't they cute?

 
      Here is what they look like lit up at night:

 
      Now some inside decorations. How many of you have a fisherman Nut Cracker?

 
      Here are some of our tree ornaments. This one makes me laugh because it doesn't seem appropriate to put on your family Christmas tree:

 
 This one is new this year. My husband found it the day after he said "We need to find some more girl themed outdoor decorations."

 
      This one is also new this year. I hope his antlers don't brake too easy.

 
 One of my favorite ornaments is homemade and it is really easy to make. It is a large bobber that we added an ornament hook to.


      We have a few more homemade ornaments to share and some more ornaments we have bought that are my favorites. Luckily we have a big enough tree that we can keep adding more every year because we find new ones we "have" to have every year........and a big yard, too.

1 comment:

  1. Pretty cool. We always have fishing related Christmas decorations as well. Just one more thing to keep involved during the Winter.

    ReplyDelete